Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tickets and Pics!

My mom has been in constant communication with our Travel Agent for the past 3 days. We have finally decided to travel Delta and leave from Atlanta. What this means is that we will be driving to Atlanta Wednesday, January 20 (after school), staying in a hotel overnight, leaving from Atlanta at 7:30 am, Thursday January 21. Our itinerary (which we dont have yet) requires us to be in China on Saturday January 23, which is why we will be arriving in China on Friday late at night (which is good for jet lag!) Here are our Flight details:

Atlanta, GA -> Minneapolis, MI
Minneapolis, MI -> Tokyo
Tokyo -> HongKong
HongKong -> 2 hr train ride over to GuangDong
TOTAL: (about) 26 hours... (Not including time-change....)

So- with a 14 hour time difference, leaving Atlanta on Thursday the 21, will put us in Guangdong, China on Friday the 22. Thats a lot of earth to cover! :)

As you can see we are all very excited! We have recieved a few more pictures of Caelyn as well from Laurie (which are not on this computer, I will upload them later). We have multiple websites that my mom is trying out because we are not sure if Blogger will be available in China. Because of their government, many websites are blocked- Facebook is one (so we will not be updating our statuses for a while). I will also post the addresses to those sites.

Please PRAY for
1) school work to get done while we are in China. I am already losing what minimal motivation I had in school, simply because I have so much else that I could be doing (and would rather be doing- speaking of which I have to read 100 pages of 1066 by tomorrow...) I will be missing almost 2 weeks of school- which is a lot of work- especially Junior year at Westminster!! I will be writing my huge thesis/semester paper while in China... (though it is on adoption...)

2) Travel. I travel well. I've done it alot. However, I don't know how my family will handle having 14 hours of jet lag. I know its part of Travel, but we will be meeting Caelyn on Monday, January 25th, and none of us want to be "out of it".

3)And finally, we have 3 great praises!
First, thank God for providing some financial help! Some friends of ours have given us a BUNCH of skymiles! There were enough to cover all four of our tickets (round trip)! Caelyn's will be the only one we have to cover. How wonderful is that! Thank you Brian and thank you God! :D
Secondly we are meeting Caelyn on my mom's 45th birthday! How neat is that!? My mom loves telling people that (and tears up every time). We realized yeterday it was her "birth"day. haha
Lastly- we had a shower for Caelyn yesterday! I can't tell you how blessed we are to have so many gracious friends! It was a tremendous blessing! Caelyn has clothes for the next year ad toys for life! haha. Thank you everyone who helped out, came, or gave anything. We truly appreciate all of it! She's gonna be so excited!


Thanks!
In Him,
Chelsey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment