Friday, January 22, 2010

Counting Blessings

We've made it! This is actually happening! Right now I am sitting inside a nice (small) hotel room, looking out on downtown HongKong! Right in front of us is a building thats built to look upside down...weird...

This trip has been long, yet ideal. We had our first (and believe me it was minor) complication last night with our transfer from the airport to our hotel, but other than that, it has been so obvious that God is guiding us through all of the lines, waits, delays, etc to meet Caelyn... so yes! This is really happening!We decided last night that to keep us aware of God's presence, we'll say "blessings" when we see God's hand in something, or something is better than we expected. Keep us in your prayers though, because I know this trip will not be perfect the whole time. Pray that even when we experience some turbulence (sorry, I've been on airplanes for the past 26 hours) that we would rest assured in God's eminent presence in our lives and appreciate all that he has done for us!

I began thinking last night that this would never stop feeling surreal. I have been looking forward to this for so long that I'm not quite sure how to finally accept that its here. Well, I know these things- everything is written in Chinese, everyone looks Chinese, and the air is extremely smoggy (though not as bad as Chongqing). Yes. This is happening.   :D Now its time to get excited.

We got into our hotel just past 12am (China time). Carli had too much energy, and the rest of us were drained- not too patient. But we made it! Some of us have this thing- no sleeping on anything moving. So I didn't sleep for 2 days and the weariness was catching up with me.

We appreciate your prayers! We are so close to meeting Caelyn! Thanks!


In Him,
    Chelsey :))

P.S. Carli keeps saying "welcome to the future!" because we are 14 hours ahead of what we're used to. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment