Friday, December 11, 2009

Meaty Meeting

Long story short: Life is flying by so quickly that its taking forever. I know that doesn't make any sense, but parts of my life seem to be snail slow (school...) while others seem to be flying high (adoption...)! Needless to say, exams are next week, so it's only gonna get tougher.

Today we went to an "Adoption Travel Meeting". However, it wasn't all about travel as I anticipated. It was almost 3 hours long. I was not excited. After having been there, done that, I am so glad that I went! There was so much information that I am not sure how to sum it up! Basically its a huge super long tedious process, and we're so close (relatively)! We are waiting for a certain form to be cabled from America to China, signed off there, and sent back here (should take a weeks or so, but a family we talked to has been waiting for over 3 weeks...). Then we begin the wait for Travel Approval (TA), which should take about 3 weeks. It's all so exciting, and only just now beginning to feel real! I can't believe this is actually going to happen! :)

We got the gist of the trip when we will finally to China as well as some advice about when we get back. Basically, they encouraged moms to be the ones to care for the needs of the child, the dad to be the assistant, and the children to be the playmates. Our case is very different from all of the other families in that we have 4 older children, and she is 6, not a baby. So, my mom will be following up with a social worker about post-adoption (for our specific case) later.

We also got financial estimates. Excuse me as I go pull my hair out...

...

...

I know God will provide for us, but that's a lot of money. Please pray :)

So as you can see we feel very close, and the anticipation is building, but still have a month or two to go. But I believe in miracles. :)

In Him,
Chelsey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment