Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I-800? Article 5? Letter of what? WHAT?

This past Monday, my mom sent me a text while babysitting. It read: "Our file is in China! Already!" Now honestly, I had no idea what this meant. It was progress, so I sent back a short reply, "yeah!" but then began the endless text-talk discussion with my dad about what exactly that meant, what we had left, and when we get to go. All that to say, I think we decided that this is what's left:

~Article 5 Letter must be prepared and taken to the CCAA or ABAC (I'm not sure which)
~We will begin our wait for TA (Travel Approval)
~We will recieve our appointment with the Chinese consulate (in China)
~We will prepare final paperwork.
~We will plan our trip to China around the consulate appointment
~We will finally go to China to bring home Caelyn Yi!


So as you can see, we are not far away at all! It could very well be anywhere between 1-3 months now! So exciting! I can't believe we're so close!

Once again, I ask you to pray for us! Pray for Kris (he's doing a little better, but has now moved to a different treatment facility), and our visit to see him over Christmas. Please pray that we will be prepared both in heart, mind, and body to bring home Caelyn! Please pray that God will provide financially for the trip to China and any expenses included. Thank you all for your support! We appreciate your prayers!

In Him,

Chelsey :)

P.S. The date for the shower has been set, thanks to the lovely Melanie O'Keefe! :) We love and appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment