Tuesday, December 22, 2009

!!!!!!! Article 5 to America !!!!!!!

This morning we recieved a call from Karla saying that our Article 5 Letter was just successfully turned in to the CCAA! We will now begin our wait for the Travel Approval (TA) and we are approximately 3 weeks from it! This is so exciting! Each time something moves along, reality sets in just a little bit more! This is really happening! Its been happening for a year and 5 months, but now we can all see the finish line! :D



We have decided that my parents, my little sister Carli, and I will be going to pick up Caelyn Yi. Carson and Casey are indefinite as of now. My parents have refinanced our house, and we are now financially prepared to travel- thanks be to God! :)



Please pray for my Chinese! :) It's a very tough language, and I can't imagine speaking it as a fist language and trying to learn ESL (English as a Second Language)! I'm learning slowly but surely! We'll see how well I'm doing once we get to China, but I do have to remind myself incessantly that I've only been taking it for one semester. Also, my family wants to learn a little Chinese. :D On the subject of learning, please pray that whenever we do travel, we wont get too far behind in school. When the time finally comes, Carli and I will be missing atleast 2 weeks of school. Just the thought scares me, especially as a Junior in my high school. We would appreciate it if you'd keep us in your prayers as we travel!



Today was a great day! We got the call from Karla, and soon after that a very encouraging call from our beloved relative in an Atlanta treatment facility. He seems to be doing very well, and even creating beautifully artistic Christmas presents for his family since he has no money. It was so neat to hear him sounding so healthy!



Thank you for your prayers! And thanks to anyone who has donated stuff for Caelyn Yi! In case anyone is wondering, we believe she wears a size 4 or 5T, shoe size: 10 (I can't remember exactly... don't write that one down.) Thanks again!



In Him,
Chelsey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment