Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's Never Not Time to be Thankful

Well, I'm not sure what to say. I suppose "Happy Thanksgiving" would be appropriate, but the current aura in our house says something different. It doesn't feel like Thanksgiving, and quite frankly, the Bennett household is not in a particularly celebratory mood. Our family has been on extaordinarily high stress levels all week. One of my close relatives is now in a treatment facility for depression/anxiety/insomnia, etc, which is adding emotional turmoil to the family. I love this individual so much that I share in his suffering. Granted, not nearly as much as my his parents, but the mutual burden remains. If you get the chance, please pray for him. He just went through an emotional break-up, and is now being housed in a treatment facility (unfamiliar to him) away from his family during the holiday. (I don't release all information simply beacause it is not necessary. God hears us when we call, and he knows our hearts. You don't have to know someone's name to pray for them.)

Beyond the constant reminder of this individual's absence, my family is very excited about the adoption. We are incessantly reminded of God's divine plan for us, Yang Yi, and our relative in need. We know it is not our plan, but God's and we know that He fulfills His promise for our own hope, benefit, and future (Jeremiah 29:11). We don't understand everything that's going on right now, and we don't know how treatments will go for our loved one... all we know is that a sovereign, loving, all-powerful, all-knowing God is watching and holding onto us for our dear lives. (And we will always remember to have H.O.P.E.)

It seems that there's never a dull moment in the Bennett household. Theres always some sort of drama, stress, or waiting. Then again- that's life. God promised us that we would suffer. Life is not all "honky-dory". We are sinners in need of the cleansing blood of Christ, and being constantly reminded of this is something to be thankful for. I never want to go a day without being reminded of Christ's steadfast love and abundant mercy.

So, on that note, I want everyone to know that amidst the pain and suffering, beyond the yearning and waiting, I AM THANKFUL for Christ's love and mercy, and I am thankful because of it. I am thankful for the beautiful ways that He's touched my heart (and used other's hearts to touch mine). I AM THANKFUL that he made this treatment opprotunity so clear and gave his parents wisdom. I am thankful that Carson, my brother got to come home for Thanksgiving, I AM THANKFUL for IHOP, where we ate Thanksgiving dinner (no one really felt like cooking or cleaning given the circumstances). I am thankful for God's beautiful creation and the people He's used to further our knowledge of it. I AM THANKFUL for so much in my life right now! Yet the cool thing is: I will never be able to appreciate all of what God has done for me. never. and for that: I AM THANKFUL. I am so thankful that I will never be too thankful. I am so thankful that God will always be more than enough for me. I AM THANKFUL.

I want to encourage you all right now, that even if you're not celebrating Thanksgiving in the typical way, it's never not time to be thankful.

In Him,
Chelsey :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, Chelsey! :) And I will definitely add Kris to my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete