Tuesday, November 24, 2009

painting, showers, and THANKS-GIVING!

My school has graciously given their students an entire week off for Thanksgiving break! :) I am so Thankful! We've been painting a lot in our house. We're painting Carli and Yi's room, my room, and both of our vanities. Carli chose a brown for their room and a yellow for her bathroom vanity, I chose two different shades of green. Hope they turn out well! Carli finished the brown base yesterday, and will be adding polka dots today. I will be finishing my vanity and starting my room today. So that's what is currently going on in the Bennett house- painting and sore arms!

Of course its exciting to be thinking about Yi while we paint away! We decided to let Carli choose how to decorate because it's her room. And I wont be here much longer (wow!) if they hate rooming together (which i doubt) then maybe Yi can move to my room... or vice-versa... thats a long way away, though...

My mom has been discussing dates with a friend for a possible "baby shower". People can support us by giving things to Yi (whether clothes, toys, books, etc). If you think about it, people usually have a lot of things built up in their house by the time a child is 6 years old. Yi will be 6 1/2 when we get her (hopefully) and at that point will have a backpack filled with belongings. This is more than the typical orphanage supplies. Yi's orphanage (Zhongshan CWI (Child Welfare Institute)) is fantastic and well supported by the government!! (We've just found out that among the many bedrooms, cafeteria, playgrounds, classrooms, there are two "wading-type" pools!)
All that to say: we're very excited, and a shower would be a great way for people to love on us! After it is confirmed and decided, I will announce the date...

Thank you everyone for your prayers and encouraging words of wisdom! I admit at times I feel as though I am typing all these messages for mine and my mom's eyes only. But even if that is the case, I know God has a perfect divine plan for me and this blog. I still find it hard to believe that I actually have a blog, but true it is. :)

In Him,
Chelsey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment