Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Story

Hi! My name is Chelsey. I am 16 years old and I have a heart for orphans and China. This is the story of my transition from America to China in my heart.

Last summer, my dad, Tim, and I went on a short-term mission trip to China. We ministered to orphans and spent time loving them; giving them attention they didn't normally have. My heart was broken, as was to be expected. However, my dad, who came on the trip so I "could have the experience", was changed even more dramatically than I. His heart was broken as well, and we shared an unforgettable experience that would change our lives forever as well as bring us closer together. While we were there, we both fell in love with one of the orphans. Her name is Jing Fu Xian. She is 6 years old and precious. She is mis-diagnosed with CP and because of this label is living in the special needs department of the orphanage. As soon as we got home, we told my family about Xian Xian and almost immediately began the adoption process. Though she is being taken care of to the best of the nannies' abilities, we wish to bring her home to us as soon as possible. The process has been long and slow. We began the process June of 2008. I will eventually try to put together a timeline so our progress will be clear. We have been in constant prayer for Xian and the orphanage. We have also needed much hope, patience, and trust. Please join us in this journey by supporting us with prayer. We have had so much encouragement thus far, and we are very excited to see where God is taking us, especially me. I have seriously considered going full-time into missions, possibly learning Chinese, or teaching English. Whatever God's plan for me is, I trust him and I know he knows what's best. Thanks be to God!

In His name,
Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment