Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Hope

Today we woke up with fun-filled Easter baskets by our beds. My siblings and I trampled down the stairs to see each other's reactions. We ate a wonderful breakfast complete with Bran muffins and Breakfast bars. We laughed and made jokes. We went to church and celebrated Jesus alive from the dead... and forevermore! We came home from church munching on fruit to hold us down as we prepared for an exquisite lunch. We thanked God for our food and his ultimate sacrifice, ate together, and shared some memories. Then we cleaned up with positive attitudes and danced to Barlow Girl's "Never Alone". Next we relaxed while my mom hid the Easter eggs. We searched high and low and topped off our already full baskets with yet more treats. At night we all went to bed with new memories playing back in our minds, smiling to ourselves as we drifted peacefully off to sleep.

I cant help but wonder what Shan is doing on the other side of the world. Is she celebrating Easter at all? Is she even aware of God's love for her? Does she have hope? We celebrate Easter nonchalantly and take advantage of the unappreciated goodies. I wish I could be over there with her, or better-yet, she here with us. I keep telling myself: wait. trust God. He has a plan even when you don't. It's so easy for me to be sad, but God is merciful and mighty to save, and I fully believe that. Otherwise, what hope would there be?

Hope: Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.'"

In Him,
Chelsey :)

P.S. HE IS RISEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment