Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Un-approved



Yesterday was a very hard day for my family. Tigist, our exchange student, went missing from where she was supposed to be in North Carolina, and was reported getting onto a bus to Atlanta on Monday morning. My family and I have felt very sad, confused, and even abandoned by what has happened. All the while, we know that God has everything under control and he knows exactly where she is and what she's doing. He will take care of her; all we can do is pray for safety and wisdom.

At some point during the day, my mom remembered that Tigist had told her on Saturday (over the phone) that she had sent us a letter. My sister ran out to the mailbox and returned with a letter from Homeland Security- our last US step in our adoption. My mom quickly opened the letter of disappointment. It read that we have not been approved due to a list of things, all of which my family has already completed. My mom immediately sent an e-mail to our wonderful social worker, Karla Thrasher, who said 1) she'd be right on it, 2) no news from China, but she'll ask again, and 3) Be thankful that we are being processed, we're not sitting, waiting, wishing. We're Moving Along. We're cimbing up the mountain, almost there... but we keep falling down a few feet.

Have Faith. Have Hope. Have Joy. Have Patience.

~Chelsey :)

P.S. Above is a picture of Tigist. If anyone sees her please let us know!! (205) 437-9973

No comments:

Post a Comment