Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

It's Father's day and the same thoughts that I had on Mother's day are cycling through my brain. Once again, I can't help but imagine Xian on the other side of the world without a father. I wish she could have the same hope that we do in that her family and her father are on their way and will be there in God's timing. I do wish to tell my dad that he is truly appreciated. This time last year he and I were listening to an English/Chinese sermon in the local church (only for foreigners, passport required at door). I'll never forget that trip and how much we learned and I'm so thankful that he willingly went with me. THANK YOU DAD!

As far as updates from China- The orphanage tried to submit the girls to the CCAA, but it was "rejected" due to insufficient or inaccurate information. This all goes to show that God's plan is not our plan! Our Chinese contact, Lily, says this has been a recurring theme recently. The orphanage director seems distracted. Honestly, I am willing to bet that he is tired of us contacting him from so many different angles. He must think we have so many connections! (well, I guess we do...) Anyways- no REAL news.

Just a small update about Tigi- for those of you who were praying: We have reason to believe that she is safe, althoug the best way to know for sure is to hear from her, which has not happened. We are pretty sure that she is in Atlanta. However, because she is a legal adult and there was no "foul play" (in otherwords she disappeared of her own will), the police have discontinued their brief search and she is now one of the millions of illegal immigrants in America. I will continue to pray for her fervently until I know for sure that she is safe.

Thank you all for your prayers!

In Him,
Chelsey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment