Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Updates!

We got a pleasant surprise from Ann of "Red Thread" yesterday! She sent us updates of Yang Yi, and 2 new pictures!



Yang Yi is so beatiful! Getting updates and pictures makes the wait seem shorter. I have also noticed that staying busy does as well. Of course, I don't have to try to do that- Junior year in High School is hectic enough! But if you find yourself restless- fill your time. Don't give yourself time to worry and fret. Fill your time with prayer, thoughts of God, reading scripture. Be in constant prayer. My favorite verse is Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Amen :) This verse either pops into my head, or is spoken to me by my mom or best friend when I begin to feel stressed- and God relieves my burden! :)

Anyways! The point of this post was to share Yang Yi's new pictures! Oh- and updates! Here are her new measurements:

Height :104cm (40.9")
weight :17kg (37.4 lbs)
head :50cm (19.7")
chest :52cm (20.5")
feet:16cm (6.3")

The referral measurements are often not very recent (or so I've heard), but it would seem that her last measurements were not too far off. She's grown .9 inches and gained 5 pounds since her last measurements. So she's still little! Which will be intersting because my whole family is tall (tallest- 6'4", shortest (13)- 5'5") ... haha oh well! She'll always be our "little" sister! I have a feeling that will be a joke in the years to come...

Please continue praying! Anything can happen and we still wish for things to move quickly! We have absolutely 0 control over the situation- this is ALL God! Thank you!

In Him,
Chelsey :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chelsey,
    I love the name of your blog! It is amazing that God has now placed China in your heart for forever. What a gift! I love the new pictures! I wonder if they call her Yiyi. Often that is what the Chinese do...call them by their first name doubled.
    I'll keep following your blog and praying!
    Jennifer Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, Chelsey! What an awesome point of view to share in yours. I am sure our Min Zhuo and Yiyi (above) will be great friends! :0)It was wonderful meeting your family last night at the banquet. And all of our dates match exactly so far.
    Blessings,
    Lee Ann Boyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just adorable! We're adopting Ma Xue from Zhongshan. Maybe she is friends with your sister!? I met your mom on the orphanage yahoo group. How wonderful that you get to blog all this fun stuff. I'm sure you are excited!

    Cheri
    Maybe we'll end up in China together.

    ReplyDelete