Thursday, September 3, 2009

There's Always an Exception

How ironic that I wrote about the referral because we got two today?! However, they are unofficial referrals, meaning the children have not been pulled- ie there is no pressure to accept. This is good. My parents did not have a strong response to the two girls that were sent to us, so at this point I see no need in publicly releasing their information. After talking with my mom, I've realized how difficult it is for her and my dad. My dad struggles to pinpoint what physical abnormalities he is willing to accept, and my mom loves them all. This in mind, my mom is now hesitant to commit to a child because she waits for my dad, and vice versa. In a typical family, these qualifications would not be an issue. You simply love the child you have, no matter what their needs may be. Its just so strange, so weird, when you have a choice. To what extent of special needs are you comfortable? My parents have never had to deal with this decision until now. I know its hard on them. Please keep them in your prayers.

In Him,
Chelsey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment